We at Phinsgifts, and our parent company Novordium, take your custom and protection of your data extremely seriously. We ensure we comply with all DATA policies laid down by the ICO in the UK, and GDPR Regulation in the EU.
We are a registered Data Controller with the ICO in the UK No: ZA222480.
We will NEVER share your data with any third party for marketing purposes, and use your data for order and shipping information only.
Type of Data Processed
As Phinsgifts is an online retailer, we require customers name, address, and contact means (phone, or email) in order to DELIVER our purchased products, and to communicate with customers should any issues arise.
This data is NOT shared with ANY other company, or organisation unless required to by law, mentioned below.
Any customer data is held within our highly secure SHOPIFY platform, and is encrypted to the highest level of security available to Phinsgifts at this time.
- If you sign up to our newsletter we may use your email address to send you information about products or services from this store only.
- You can opt out of these at any point and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time.
Cookies & monitoring
- Strictly necessary cookies - These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookie - These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website.
- Functionality cookies - These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- Targeting Cookies - These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- The IP address of your computer.
- The referring website from which you have got to our website from.
The reasons for this are:
- To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data.
- To see our most popular sources of business.
When someone visits www.phinsgifts.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site to improve our service to you, our customers.
This information is completely anonymised, and we do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose your personal data only:
- In cases where we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cyber crime or to protect the website, rights, personal safety of person/s.
We may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website (customers and sales) in order to describe our services to prospective partners (advertisers, sponsors) and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
If you are concerned about your data, you have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee to request access to personal data which we may hold or process about you.
Please email any such requests to email@example.com.
Period for data storage
In order to comply with any financial audits requested by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (UK) we are required to keep all financial records for 5 years. This may include order value, origin of purchase, and personal data used for that order. NO payment details will be stored.
Any data which is stored will be held "off site," and be encrypted to the highest level of security available.
This policy was last reviewed in July 2019, and will be reviewed when changes to the law occur, or at a minimum every 12 months.